The Consulate of Vietnam in New York, USA has been operated since January 2011 by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam. This is also the 3rd Vietnam Embassy and Consulate that is open in the United States along with other offices in Washington DC, California, and Texas.
The Vietnam Consulate in New York plays an important role in developing the bilateral relationship between the North Eastern part of US and Vietnam in terms of economics, cultures, etc. and protecting the citizens of Vietnam residing in the host country at the same time.
Witnessing the considerable increase in the number of US citizens coming to Vietnam for both leisure and business purposes, the Consulate of Vietnam in New York provides the helpful services listed as below:
- Visa to Vietnam: including visa, Vietnam 5-years visa exemption;
- Legalization & Authentication of documents for using in Vietnam;
- Issuing documents for Marriage Registration in Vietnam;
- Birth Registration;
- Retain Vietnamese Citizenship;
- Certificate of Vietnamese Origin;
- Citizen Registration;
- Power of Attorney;
- Permit for Repatriation of Deceased Vietnamese’s Remain and Bodies;
- Other related consular services
Of all the services, applicants now can access for online application of a visa to Vietnam, passport, visa exemption, and landing visa.
For the detailed contact of the Consulate of Vietnam in New York, please have a look here: