Are you in need of a visa to Vietnam now? Just check out your visa requirements and how to get it now.
1. Do US Citizens need a visa to Vietnam?
An unlimited number of US citizens think that they don’t need a visa when they come to Vietnam, but actually, a valid Vietnam visa is a must if they want to enter the country whether for leisure or business purposes.
Moreover, the entry requirements are also mentioned clearly that:
- US citizens must have a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond their stay in Vietnam;
- Passport must have 2 blank visa pages;
2. How to get a Vietnam visa in New York
For those who live close to the Consulate of Vietnam in New York and have enough time to follow, getting a Vietnam visa at the Consulate is an appropriate choice as it can be processed in person (directly visit the Consulate Office), via email, or messenger service.
2.1. Documents for visa submission at Vietnam Consulate in New York
Before submitting a Vietnam visa application, it’s advised that applicants contact the Consulate directly for the exact documents they need to prepare because except for basic papers, applicants might be asked to hand in other relevant things due to their personal case.
Basic documents for applying for a Vietnam visa at Vietnam Consulate in New York:
- Original passport (at least 6 months in validity);
- 02 passport-sized photos (white background, no glass, both ears visible);
- Application form for Vietnam visa (completed, attached with 01 passport photo.
US citizens can apply for 1, 3, or 6 months visa so please state it apparently in the application form. The fee therefore also varies based on the type of visa.
2.2. How to submit a visa application at the Consulate of Vietnam in New York
When all the papers are ready, applicants will bring to the office of the Vietnam Consulate in New York to get it processed directly. Via this way, visa processing fees can be paid in cash.
Or, applicants can also send a copy of the passport personal detail page, scanned color personal picture and completed visa application form to [email protected]. If applicants choose to process online, the payment method is online via VISA/ MasterCard as well.
The service of returning the visa by mail is also provided, but a prepaid and self-addressed envelope must be enclosed.
3. How long will it take for a Vietnam visa in New York?
Normally, it takes 3-5 working days for processing a Vietnam visa at the Consulate. However, at the Consulate of Vietnam in New York, applicants can choose the expediting service but the fee of this service must be in cash, money order, or certified checks only.
4. What is the fee for applying for a Vietnam visa from New York?
The fee for applying for a Vietnam visa at the Consulate is not public, so applicants should contact them for more details. In addition, expenses of traveling back and forth, printing documents, etc. should be also included in case the applicants submit a visa application in person. Please be noted that the visa fee is non-refundable no matter whether the visa is issued or not.
5. Can I apply for a Vietnam visa in New York over the Internet?
Yes, you can.
At the moment, applicants have 2 more convenient ways to get a Vietnam visa via just an Internet-connected device. The 2 methods are now presented below:
- Vietnam visa on arrival: is a legitimate visa issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department, allowing US citizens to enter Vietnam by AIR only. Applicants will just need to fill in an online, secure application form, make payment online and get an approval letter via email before getting a Vietnam visa stamped on original passport at Vietnam International Airports. The processing time to get a Vietnam visa on arrival is 2 working days (for normal service, tourist visa) but it can be shorter (in 1 business day, or even hours for urgent service)
- Vietnam Evisa: a new form that is launched by the Vietnam Immigration Department in 2017, allowing US citizens to visit Vietnam via both airports, land ports, and seaports. But this is applicable for those who come to Vietnam for tourist purposes, single entry within 30 days only. Vietnam Evisa is just limited to citizens of 80 countries so please check the information carefully before submitting it.
6. Can I extend my visa when I am in Vietnam
Yes. you can get your visa extended in Vietnam by following this Vietnam visa extension instructions. Your extended length of stay in Vietnam depends on your visa type.
Hope that US citizens and other foreigners living in New York will find no difficulty getting a Vietnam visa. For more assistance, please feel free to contact Vietnam-visa at +84. 946.583.583 (24/7).