Lots of foreigners want to hold a temporary residence card in Vietnam, or a Vietnam TRC, but there is some information you haven’t known about it. What are the benefits of holding a Vietnam temporary residence card? Who are eligible for it? How to get a temporary residence card in Vietnam? Check out the following post for your full explanation.
1. Benefits of holding a Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
Temporary Residence Card is simply understood as a card, issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department, allowing expats to stay legally in the country for a certain period of time. And when the card expires, they will have to leave Vietnam or submit documents for a new duration.
Owning a Vietnam Temporary Residence Card means foreigners will have some of these benefits:
- Increase the chance of purchasing apartments and houses in Vietnam: it’s unable for foreigners to buy real estate in Vietnam, but once you have the Temporary Residence Card, not all, but you will have more opportunities to conduct those transitions;
- Money-saving: the validity of the Temporary Residence Card can be up to 10 years, so the TRC holders will have no worry of extending their Vietnam visa, or applying for a new one which can considerably save costs;
- Settle down without hassle: if foreigners choose to reside in Vietnam for a long time and have no plan to go to other countries, getting a Temporary Residence Card is a best choice as you won’t need to care about paperwork but focus on your life, and making money;
- Allowed to operate businesses in Vietnam and get married with Vietnamese citizens: once obtaining the Temporary Residence Card in Vietnam, foreigners will have no difficulty doing administrative procedures.
2. Who are eligible for TRC Vietnam
Everyone acknowledges the good things of having a Temporary Residence Card, but not all people are eligible for it. Of all the foreigners, only these mentioned cases are qualified for the Vietnam Temporary Residence Card.
- Those who own a Vietnam work permit valid for a minimum of 12 months at the time of applying for the TRC;
- Those who are owners of one-member limited company in Vietnam;
- Those who are members of two-member or more limited company in Vietnam;
- Those who own Vietnam visa with the following signals: LV1, LV2, LS, ĐT2, ĐT3, ĐT4, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ1, LĐ2, TT;;
- Those who are members of international organizations, consular offices and diplomatic missions, as well as their spouses and children under 18 years old.
3. Required documents for Getting a Temporary Residence Card Vietnam
To apply for a Vietnam Temporary Residence Card, foreigners are required to prepare full documents including:
- Original passport (at least 13 months in validity at the time of submission);
- Copy of passport;
- Application form (Form N7A) for TRC Vietnam;
- Form N7B of declaration about foreigners applying for the Vietnam TRC;
- 02 photos (2×3 cm, white background, front view, both ears visible);
- Copy of the valid current Vietnam visa;
- Copy or duplicate sample of documents proving you are belong to those who are eligible for Vietnam Temporary Residence Card: investment certificate, business registration license, established representative office license, branch company (including active notices); seal registration certificate,
- Vietnam work permit (original and copy);
- In case of bringing relatives: summit relevant documents like birth certificate, marriage certificate or family household book, etc.
4. How to get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
When all the papers are ready, applicants can apply directly with the issuing authority which is the Vietnam Immigration Department for submitting.
In case the documents are sufficient and valid, they will get an appointment letter. And they will then come back to this office on the appointed date to receive the result.
5. Other notes for TRC holders
Holding a TRC means you are requested to take important responsibilities as below:
- Timely announce to the issuing authority in case of loss, or any change (if any);
- Return to the issuing authority when the TRC expires,
- Comply with Vietnamese law and regulations set out for the TRC in Vietnam;
Hope you have a detailed overview of the TRC, or the temporary residence card in Vietnam.